If you haven't heard the latest of the season, there’s a resurgence of 1970’s flared jeans, animal print coats, metallic and fun all over bold style prints – or according to Fashionista.com “the seventies have stayed in style over a number of seasons.” So, we must ask the question, "Are the 1970's a trend once again, or are we just shifting to eternal glam?" We hope for the latter. Here are some images that capture the essence of the era.
As promised, here's a retro classic cocktail...
(paired with a photo of Dianna Ross, of course)
The Heavy Feather House Manhattan recipe:
2oz. High West Double Rye
0.75oz Dolin Rouge
2 dashes of house blend bitters (Angostura Bitters for the home bartender)
Combine ingredients over ice in a mixing glass and gently stir. Strain mixture into glass and garnish with a cherry.
Just so you know, The Heavy Feather has a Manhattan Monday Menu every Monday featuring their House Manhattan, plus others, starting at $6. That’s nearly 1970’s prices and a great place to kick-off a night of dancing!
- Animal print fur coats are always stylish - they seem to reemerge every few years
- Bold prints are back en vogue – pair it with a animal print as shown for impact
- Metallics go fabulously with everything
- Wide leg pants and bell bottoms are currently stealing the scene from skinny jeans
- You can't go wrong with a denim blazer or a vest over lace dress. These two classic 70's pieces are great for that always in season boho look
You can shop these looks and more in our 1970's collection of unique, on-trend vintage pieces curated just for you!
And, if you’re a vintage seller with a amazing pieces you’d like to add to the collection at Besteryear.com, please email email@example.com to get featured in upcoming content. Or if you know a vintage reseller we should feature, let us know! We're on the hunt to showcase the best vintage finds.